Badminton Session Update:
New Graded Sessions Starting Monday 17th August. Book now!
Dear badminton players,
We hope you have enjoyed getting back on court again and hitting some shuttles in the past couple of weeks!
We (the badminton committee) have been looking at how to restart our club session programme safely and in accordance with BE Guidelines for return to play.
We are hoping and planning for most of our club sessions to return, in some format, from early September and will update you on this as soon as we have confirmed dates.
To start with, we have organised some modified sessions for all our graded members. Although different from our usual summer sessions, we hope that the sessions will provide a welcome opportunity for you to return to play with groups of players from your normal session.
Mondays: B grade
Tuesdays: B+ grade
Wednesdays: C and C+ grade
Thursdays: A grade
Fridays: Open to all grades
Charge per session: £6.
Guidance for play and how to book your sessions:
- Book and Pay for your session in advance, either online or by calling reception. This needs to be at least 24 hours in advance of the start of the session you wish to play.
- Upon arrival your session rep will direct you to a court. Shuttles will be provided by the courts and should not be shared across between courts.
- You will need to stay with your group (groups are restricted to max 6 players) on your allocated court for the duration of the session.
- Players will organise their own games within their groups (we are not able to use the pegboards).
- We have to ask that all players keep their kit with them on their court side and respect the social distancing rules.
- Please also be respectful of the session reps, who have kindly agreed to help organise the groups and manage the sessions.
Bookings are now open!
Please note all spaces must be booked at least 24 hours in advance (ie before 7pm on the night before the session!). Book as early as possible to secure your space as numbers allowed are limited! If you need to cancel your space after booking, please do so at the earliest opportunity to allow the space to be taken by another member, or to allow us to release any courts not needed. There will be a waiting list if sessions are oversubscribed.
Please be understanding that these are trial sessions and do your best to adhere to the guidelines provided. We are very much hoping that by September we will be able to return to a more normal format for the new winter season. We will continue to follow any updates to the BE guidelines and review sessions accordingly.
We hope you enjoy the sessions and welcome any feedback you may have that will help us plan ahead for future sessions!
The Badminton Committee